At Walton-le-Dale we have always responded as swiftly as we can to any concerns or requests for information. Our doors have always been open for parents & carers to arrive and talk to one of us about any issues. We consider that this quality of communication is vital in the best interests of our students and their families.
Contact from school to home
- We will continue to use the website as the key source of information about the school
- Our social media – Facebook and Twitter – will signpost any updates to the website.
- We will continue to use email as the main means of communicating with parents and carers
- We will, as always, use the phone when the matter is urgent (e.g. a medical issue) or when there is a need to have a more extended discussion.
- We have introduced Classcharts as the main means of communicating about awards, positive and negative behaviour and sanctions. We use Classcharts to communicate about homework, alongside our conventional paper planner.
The following apps are useful to install on parent/carer and student phones.
- School Gateway (you can find a link to download it here - https://login.schoolgateway.com/0/auth/login) – this brings together attendance, timetable, messages, reports etc… in one place
- Classcharts (you can find a link to download it here - https://www.classcharts.com/parent/login)
Contact from home to school
- Email is definitely the best way to communicate with us for non-urgent messages. The following email addresses are the best ones to use:
- email@example.com - for any issues brought up on Classcharts (for example relating to behaviour and sanctions),
- firstname.lastname@example.org - for any matters relating to students requiring support in any way,
- ICTSupport@waltonledale.lancs.sch.uk - for any matters relating to ICT access and remote learning using Teams
- email@example.com - for any other messages.
- These email addresses are monitored between 8.30am and 4.30pm and messages will be forwarded to the relevant member of staff to respond. The “Contact” form on the website is an alternative to email.
- Messages sent into school through the School Gateway app are free and will be monitored between 8.30am and 4.30pm and forwarded to the relevant member of staff.
- Please report student absence via Classcharts or School Comms only.
- Parentpay is the system that we use for payment for uniform, food, trips… and can be accessed through the school website.
- The school phone will be answered between 8am and 4.00pm Mon to Thurs and 8am to 3.30pm on a Friday. Messages left outside these hours will be checked between 8 and 8.30am. It will generally not be possible to speak to a particular member of staff immediately due to the fact that they will be working with our students. Messages taken will be emailed to the member of staff who will return calls when they can.
Some of the recent letters (sent out by email) are below:
Year 11 Revision information
This document gives information about all the revision sessions that are running for different subjects,
How to report student absence using Classcharts
This is an important guide which should help families and the school in the reporting of student absence.
Year 11 Revision guide issued at Progress Evening January 2023
This is a very valuable revision plan for all subjects - absolutely vital for all families of Year 11 students!
Introduction letter for parents & carers - Sparx Maths
This introduces the new Maths online homework and study system
"Trips Day" information
This letter details the trips and activities available on Thursday 21st July
Letter about protective equipment for PE lessons
This letter specifies the protective equipment required for PE lessons. This is now standard across all South Ribble schools and most schools nationally.
Online Safety Newsletter - March 2022
Online Safety Newsletter - March 2022
Year 11 MFL Revision guide
This is an additional document for MFL students in addition to the main guide below.
Year 11 Revision Guide 2022
This is a vital document that breaks revision for every subject down into a day by day plan from Feb half-term onwards. All students have been emailed a copy of this and they have also been given a printed copy.
Information about a dyslexia project that may be of interest to parents/carers
ASPIRE Day 3 options
For our 3rd ASPIRE day of the year we are offering a wide range of activities for students. This is the list from which students are making their choices
Year 9 Options process letter
This sets out the "options" process for parents and carers of our Year 9 students
Year 7 Bushcraft residential letter
This is the initial letter about a Year 7 residential being organised for summer 2022
"Get your jab" from the NHS
Information about COVID vaccinations for 12 - 15 year olds
Letter to Year 11 parents/carers about the award of grades in BTEC subjects
COVID update letter
In the light of recently rising cases of COVID this letter to parents and carers outlines the necessary and recommended precautions.
Letter for parents about assemblies taking place wb 4th October 2021
We are having assemblies for each year group related to the sensitive topic of sexual harassment. The attached letter from Mrs Sweeney outlines the importance and the content of these sessions.
COVID Vaccination - a guide for children and young people
Provided by the NHS and Public Health England
COVID vaccination consent form
Provided by the NHS
Update to parents on Covid-19 in Lancashire schools and colleges
Update issued 8th July 2021
Update to parents and carers on COVID 19 in Lancashire Schools and Colleges - from LCC
Urgent update issued on the 27th May 2021
Confidential letter to parents & carers
A password is needed to open this letter - it has been sent by text to the parents and carers who need it. It will need to be downloaded and the password entered before it can be opened.
Letter to parents and carers about voluntary COVID testing
This letter gives information about the voluntary COVID testing of students on site
Triple Science (Year 9)
This letter explains the approach to triple science - it will help parents and carers of Year 9 students
Year 9 Options process 2021
This letter is for Year 9 parents & carers and outlines the key dates and processes for this year's options choices.
NHS letter about sources of mental health support
This is exceptionally valuable....
Letter to Year 7 Parents & Carers about changes to groups
This letter explains the banding changes that have been made in Year 7 as we have found out more about each of our students.
Further letter from the CCG CYP Emotional Wellbeing and Mental Health Team
Future U letter and privacy notice
This is for parents/carers of Years 9 to 11.
Letter from the CCG CYP Emotional Wellbeing and Mental Health Team
This letter from the NHS contains useful resources supporting emotional health and wellbeing.
PSHE survey for parents & carers
This letter describes the statutory changes to Personal, Social, Health and Economic Education and Relationship, Sex and Health Education from September 2020. It is important to get input from parents and carers and this letter includes a link to an important survey.
Italy trip - notice of cancellation
It is with great regret that we have had to cancel the planned trip to Italy in July. This letter has been sent to all the relevant parents and carers and explains the reasoning behind this decision.
Year 11 Prom postponed due to Coronavirus pandemic
Please see the attached letter about the postponement of our school prom for Year 11
"Operation Encompass" letter
This letter gives details of "Operation Encompass" to all parents and carers. This operation is run in conjunction with Lancashire Police.
Letter from Lancashire Fire and Rescue Service with advice about sleepovers
We have been asked to circulate this advice regarding sleepovers to all parents/carers
Letter from Boots about Meningitis B vaccination
This letter has been sent to the school from Boots about vaccinations available for Meningitis B (not part of the meningitis vaccination offered in schools). We are sharing it with parents and carers in good faith.
This is the news bulletin from the Immunisation Team
Letter for parents of students adopted from care
It is important for us to know which of our pupils have been adopted, are in SGOs or in a child arrangement order or from care. This enables the school to claim the funding when they complete the school census and therefore provide the additional resources that the child may need.
Message for parents regarding measles
This is an updated message from Lancashire County Council regarding the risk of measles.