Last year it became clear that there was a gap in our support for students, in particular in our capacity to provide support for families. So the Governing Body gave permission for us to employ a Family Support Worker and since June last year Miss Shaw has been ably fulfilling that role. As she has settled into the school more and more people have been asking "what is your role in school" so Miss Shaw writes:
"Hello! My name is Victoria Shaw and I am the Family Support Worker in school.
My role in school, alongside the school's pastoral and attendance teams, is to provide support, advice and information to our students and their families.
I can help with any worries that you may have in relation to your child’s behaviour and wellbeing. I am here for the family so if you need someone to talk to, I’m here!
I can meet with you at home or in school and I’m also available by telephone or email.
Advice and support is confidential although should there be any concerns relating to the safeguarding of children, these will always be dealt with in accordance with the school's Safeguarding and Child Protection Policy.
Support for students includes:
- promoting good attendance and punctuality
- promoting self-esteem and confidence
- promoting positive behaviour and positive attitudes to learning
- support on a one to one basis
Support for families includes:
- providing information and signposting to other services in the local area
- liaising with a range of external services such as Children & Family Wellbeing and Social Care
- assistance and advice regarding benefits and housing
- advice and support in promoting positive behaviour at home
How to get in touch:
- I am based in school every day.
- Please call the school office on 01772 335726 to make an appointment or pop in and I will be happy to see you as soon as I can.
- I can also be contacted via email: firstname.lastname@example.org