At Walton-le-Dale we have invested in an online careers platform which we use with our students through Yrs 7-11 to explore and record their careers related activities.
Parents/Carers can also access this at home so we can work together to prepare our students for their post 16 options and beyond. https://www.startprofile.com/
Start is an online careers platform designed to connect 11-18 year olds with their future career potential. It combines the most comprehensive source of information with a personalised experience and career planning tools, helping our students to make more informed decisions about their future study and career options, as well as developing their employability.
- A student profile: students build their profile and access personalised study and career information.
- Modules: activities to guide students through the information on Start at the right time.
- Up to date information: engaging content on what to study, where to learn and the world of work.
- Locker: an online record of achievement to evidence skills for future applications and CVs.
- Employability action plan: Students can set goals and stay in control of their career planning.
- Parent’s/Carer’s access: allows all to be involved in the planning and exploration of options throughout their careers education and keep informed during the various stages.