4 February 2023
Apologies for the weekend update - I didn't get a chance to post this on Friday as usual. A range of practical matters this week.... In particular, please note the information about reporting student absence via Classcharts - the number of families who have this app means that this should simplify attendance reporting for everyone.
- Online Safety newsletter: Please see link here for this month's Online Safety Newsletter
- Trial of new Absence Reporting Procedure using Classcharts: We have enabled the Parental Absence reporting tool in Classcharts which will now allow you to report your child's absence via this app on a daily basis before 8.45am. As a trial, please can we ask for this next week that all absences are only reported in this way. This tool not only allows you to report the current day's absence but also lets you input medical appointments in advance with the added option to upload medical evidence ie appointment cards/hospital letters/texts etc. If you are experiencing any difficulties in using this app or don't have a classcharts code, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. There is a guide to reporting absence using Classcharts on the website here
- FSM Vouchers: The Free school meal vouchers will be awarded for the half-term break; £15 per student and should arrive with you next Friday 10th February. Please make sure you check your junk/spam folders.
- Half-term Closure: Just a reminder that school will close next Friday 10th February at 3.05pm and will reopen as normal on Monday 20th February following the half term break.
- DTP/ACWY vaccinations: The Immunisation Team will be in school next Friday, 10th February to administer the vaccines to year 9s. If you have any concerns/queries or changes in your child’s medical history prior to the visit, you should contact them on the following details: Immunisation Team - Telephone Number 0333 358 3397 option 3 followed by option 1.
- Year 9 Options: The Year 9 options process is now well underway. Students received their options booklets last Friday and e-versions have also been emailed to parents/carers. Over the course of the last week, students have also been able to listen to curriculum leaders outlining each course in assembly. On the 8th February, Progress evening will take place as a face-to-face event. This is an opportunity for students and parents/carers to discuss possible option courses with teachers. The event will take place in A Block with representatives from Colleges and options subject teachers. Appointments to see teachers of English, Maths and Science must be booked on via Schoolcloud using the link here. Friday, 3rd March is final deadline for submission of options choices (forms to be completed and handed to Mrs Long or Mrs Brown).
- BTEC formal assessments will commence this week during normal lessons. It is very important that students do not miss lessons during this period as the assessments cannot be completed at any other time.
Enjoy the rest of the weekend,
Posted by James Harris
Category: WLD Updates