27 January 2023
Some important practical matters this week....
- NEU Strike: As you will probably have picked up from the national press, members of the National Education Union are going on strike for a number of days across the next few months. The action is against the government, not against individual schools. The first day of action is Wed 1 Feb. The large majority of our teachers belong to this union so it will not be possible to open the school safely on that day. Teachers who are not on strike will teach their lessons using Teams as we did during lockdown. Students can access their lessons and other learning remotely using Teams. Most of Year 11 have a BTEC DIT examination on the morning of 1 Feb. One bus will run to Blackburn and one to Preston to collect students for the exam (route to be confirmed). The buses will run again at 11.25am, returning these students home after the examination. Other students taking the examination will leave site after the exam has completed (by 11.25am). The school is closed to all other students on that day. Should you have queries about this matter, please contact us by the usual means.
- Parking on the Old Mill Industrial Estate: Please see message sent out on Wednesday kindly requesting that parents do not use this estate for the collection/pickup of children due to health and safety concerns of the planned major works that are being carried with immediate effect and for the foreseeable future.
- Options Assemblies: Over the next two weeks, Year 9's will be having their Options Assemblies.
- Progress and Options Evening: This will be a physical event and will take place in the Arts Theatre and A Block on Wednesday 8th February between 4.30pm and 7pm. Bookings will open for Maths, English and Science on Monday 30th January at 9am - the information about how to make bookings can be found on our website here
- BTEC Exams week commencing 30th Jan: Please see message sent out on Thursday and the link to our website here for more information.
- BTEC ICT/DIT/Enterprise Exams: Please see messages sent out on Monday regarding revision sessions.
- Prom Venue update: A polite reminder to please respect The Tipis decision in not allowing parents to drop off their children on Prom night due to safety concerns. The school are planning on providing 2 coaches to transport students to the venue.
- College Interviews: Prestons College staff will be in school on Friday for the Year 11 admissions interviews
Have a good weekend.
Posted by James Harris
Category: WLD Updates