20 January 2023
Thank you to all the families of Year 11 for a very productive and successful Progress Evening on Wednesday. It was lovely to talk to so many parents and carers and students about their mock results, their plans for the future and the steps they need to take to succeed... Thanks to all the parents and carers who stopped in their busy evening to have a word with me - it was much appreciated.
- School Closure: Reminder that school will be closed to students for INSET (staff training) Day on Monday, 23rd January but will open as normal on Tuesday, 24th January.
- Uniform - notice from Mrs Wall (Deputy Headteacher): Thank you very much for your support over the last week to ensure that all acrylic nails have been removed. Unfortunately we still have a number of students who are wearing inappropriate footwear to school. Our policy states the following: Sensible black, plain shoes must be worn that are leather or leather looking. Shoes that are fabric, canvas or suede will not be permitted. Similarly, boots, training/sports shoes or sports brands will not be permitted. Shoes must be plain black with no logos, stripes (including black !) or additional colours present and the laces must be black. Shoes should have a back to them and heels should be low. The school will make any final decisions with regard to the suitability of shoes under this policy. If there is a medical reason why your child is not wearing school shoes please can you provide a written note. For those students who do not provide a note we have a number of pairs of shoes in school which they will be able to borrow for the day.
- Strike Action: You will doubtless have seen the news in the national press that the National Education Union (NEU) is taking strike action over the coming weeks. The first day of action is on Wednesday 1 February. The majority of our teachers are members of the NEU so it is highly likely that our school will be closed on that day. I will confirm arrangements over the coming week.
- NHS Employees needed for speed networking: Please see email sent from our Careers Co-ordinator earlier in the week.
Years 7, 8, 9
- Reminder that the Immunisation Team will be in school on Tuesday 24th January to administer the nasal flu vaccine to those students who have had parental consent.
- Year 9 Options Booklets will be handed out to students during P5 on Friday.
Years 9, 10, 11
- Careers: Please see email sent out earlier in the week regarding Careers Update. If you have not received this email, please contact school.
- Examinations: Please see letter on the link here which was sent out earlier in the week.
- Reports and Mock Examination Results: Following on from Progress Evening, Reports and Mock Examination Results were sent out on Thursday. If you have not received a copy, please contact school.
- Revision Guide: The year 11 Revision Guide was emailed out earlier in the week, a copy can be found on our website here.
- College Admissions Interviews: Runshaw College staff will be in school on Friday for the Year 11 Admissions Interviews.
Have a good weekend.
Posted by James Harris
Category: WLD Updates