15 January 2023
Some practical reminders and notices for the coming week. We have been working on some of the practical basics of school life - uniform, phones and homework - with students over the past couple of weeks and we just want to avoid arguments and conflict so that we can all focus on teaching and learning. As I say to the students - all schools (indeed all communities) have rules! We are a kind, friendly, safe, supportive place for staff and students - that is essential for everyone's wellbeing. Part of that is abiding by the rules that govern the organisation of the school. Thank you for your help and support with this.
- Reminder that school will be closed to students for INSET (staff training) Day on Monday, 23rd January but will open as normal on Tuesday, 24th January.
Years, 7, 8 and 9
- Nasal Flu Vaccinations: Reminder that the vaccinations will take place on Tuesday 24th January. If you have not already completed the consent form, please see message sent out on Monday 12th December. The closing date for completing this is Tuesday 17th January.
- DTP/ACWY vaccinations: Reminder that the immunisation team will be in school on Friday 10th February to administer Diphtheria, Tetanus, Polio and Meningitis ACWY vaccinations to Year 9 pupils. Please complete the form to CONSENT or REFUSE the vaccinations by midnight on 16th January 2023.The original message was sent out on 10th November 2022.
- Work Experience: Please see email sent out earlier in the week from our Careers Co-ordinator, Miss Minton.
- Progress Evening: This will be an in-person event and will take place on Wednesday, 18th January in D block from 4.30pm. Students will receive their mock examination grades at this event. We use an online system for booking appointments - teacher appointments must be booked via Schoolcloud; please see the link here for the letter and further information. So far 73% of students have bookings - we aim for as close as possible to 100% attendance at this critical event.
Have a good week,
Posted by James Harris
Category: WLD Updates