27 November 2022
A slightly delayed update this week - apologies! Year 11s start their mock examinations tomorrow, which is a really important point in their school lives. We know that mock examinations are a balance between the fact that subjects are still teaching new material and the need to give a realistic experience of what the final examinations will be like. We know that student grades improve between mock and final exam, but they do give a good indication of the direction of travel and inform college applications. We also know that mock exams are packed into a couple of weeks whereas the final exams are spread over a month or more. All that being said, it is important that every Year 11 takes their mocks seriously and does their very best over the coming couple of weeks, whilst recognising that we all appreciate that they are not fully prepared yet!
Year 10s have their Progress Evening for parents and carers on Wednesday this week - please can I encourage every family to attend as it is a very important point in Year 10's school life - they have just started their GCSE and other qualification courses and this is the first formal chance to find out how they are getting on and how they might improve. I look forward to seeing everyone on Wednesday evening - the booking details are below.
- Uniform: Unfortunately, there has been an increase in students wearing the incorrect uniform to school, in particular trainers. Students must wear black school shoes - examples of which can be seen on our website. Students are not permitted to wear leggings to school. Students must wear black school trousers or a black school skirt. Please can you check that your child has the correct uniform. Many thanks.
- Christmas Lunch: This will be held on Tuesday, 13th December - please complete the form emailed out on Wednesday by no later than 1.20pm on Thursday, 8th December.
- Event at South Ribble Civic Centre: South Ribble Brough Council is hosting a Cost of Living Marketplace on Monday 28th November; an event where people can call in and get advice and support around the challenges facing households. https://www.facebook.com/events/1105866046791905/
- Walton le Dale Primary School Swim School - New Community Facility: WLD Primary School currently have spaces and availability for children's swimming lessons for beginners, developing swimmers and improving swimmers at our swim school. If you want swimming lessons for your child, please see the link here which directs you to their website to make a direct booking: https://www.wldswimschool.com. The pool has very recently undergone considerable rebuilding and refurbishment.
- Year 10 Progress Evening, Wednesday 30th November: Bookings are still open and can be made using the link here. As mentioned above please make every effort to attend.
- Mock examinations: As mentioned above these start tomorrow, Monday, 28th November - the timetable can be found on our website here. Good luck to all Year 11!
Posted by James Harris
Category: WLD Updates