7 October 2022
Quite a number of practical matters for all year groups this week....
- SEND Partnership events: Please see the details on our website here.
- Curriculum Introduction: We thought that it would be good for you to understand a bit more about each subject area so we will be sending you introductions to each area over the coming weeks. Please see the link here for information from our English Department which covers each key stage.
- Online Safety Newsletter - October edition: You will find this at this link
- New Online Maths Platform: Please see the Sparx introduction letter and top tips on the link here . There is also a short (3 minute) video available at this link which explains the key things that parents need to know about Sparx and which should answer most of the common questions about how the system works. If you do have any further questions then please email your child's maths teacher, or contact school on the main contact details and they will forward the enquiry on.
- Ski Trip 2023: Please see information sent out earlier in the week regarding the ski trip next year.
- Bus Pass Update: Due to a recent incident that has now been resolved, with effect from Monday, 10th October any student travelling on the school bus will need to have a green bus pass issued by school or a local authority bus pass. These passes will be checked by the bus drivers in the morning and by school staff in the afternoon. Unfortunately, your child will be unable to travel on the bus if they do not have a valid pass.
- Octagon Theatre Trip: Please see reminder sent out on Thursday regarding the trip on Monday evening, 10th October.
- BBC100 Tour: On Tuesday, we will be hosting the BBC for ‘BBC100 Share Your Story’ as part of the BBC’s centenary celebrations. They are visiting around 400 secondary schools across the UK in 2022. In each session a carefully selected BBC Ambassador will share their inspirational journey with students, in a bid to inspire them through the power of storytelling. These will be held with students in years 7 - 10.
- Homework support: Please encourage your son or daughter to make use of homework support which runs each afternoon after school in A9.
Have a good weekend,
Posted by James Harris
Category: WLD Updates