30 September 2022
Open Evening on Monday was amazing! Hundreds and hundreds of people all asking questions and seeing around our school - it was lovely, if tiring! The students who came and helped, including those who made formal speeches to the visitors, were an absolute credit to themselves, their families and the school. We have had lovely feedback, some of which I have shared below. We are now offering tours in the school day for prospective students and their families - details are on the website.
On a less positive note, the traffic and parking situation at the front of school is a real cause for concern and we are working with the local police on this. If you collect your child from school by car please park further down the road and ask your child to walk to you, or walk up to the gates and collect them from there. We are having arguments between drivers, and arguments between drivers and local residents which is in no-one's interests. As I say, we are working with the local police and the council to try and resolve these issues.
- Attendance: Did you know that every student in school has the opportunity to earn themselves three attendance badges throughout the school year? BRONZE = One term with 100%, SILVER = Two terms with 100%, and GOLD = Three terms with 100% - We would love to present as many badges as possible at the end of term!
- Bus Information: Please see the website here for Transport/Bus behaviour information from the local authority and the school.
- Open Evening feedback: As I said above here is a sample of the lovely feedback that we have received....
- "I just wanted to send a little message about last night's open evening. It was a really well run event and most importantly I'd like to thank the young man who gave us the tour. He was called ..., was very helpful and we managed to see everything in school. Hopefully we'll see you in September.”
- “I would just like to thank you for an amazing opening evening. Walton-le-Dale is definitely going to be one of our choices. My son absolutely loved getting involved in all the activities that had been put on. The teaching staff were amazing and so helpful. I would also like to say how amazing our tour guide ... was. He’s such a polite young man and a credit to your school.”
- "We really did have a lovely evening as soon as we walked into the hall and the talk started we just knew that the school’s ethos was all about individuality, inclusion and being a community and that the school applaud the children's abilities be that academic or not. After speaking with…I felt very assured that …. will be supported through his high school journey and get the support he may need regarding ... and that for us in paramount. I just want to take this opportunity to thank the year 11 student who was our guide last night his name was ... he gave us so much information and chatted away to …. like he had known him for ages he is a credit to the school so thank you all ever so much”
- Ski Trip: Information has been emailed out to parents of students attending the Ski Trip next year.
- Settling-In Evening: Wednesday, 5th October 4-6.30pm. Bookings can be made using this link.
- History Trip to Suffolk: Information has been emailed out to parents of students on the Suffolk trip in October.
Years 7 and 11:
- Message from Tempest re photos: Have you ordered your school photos yet? A polite reminder that the closing date for free delivery back to school is Sunday, 9th October. Order through the Tempest website using your unique link or visit www.tempest-orders.co.uk If you need any assistance in ordering your photos, feel free to contact Tempest on 01736 751555 (option 3)
Have a good weekend,
Posted by James Harris
Category: WLD Updates