16 September 2022
A number of practical notices - school life continues during this period of national and historical significance,
- Queen Elizabeth II's state funeral: Reminder that school will be closed on Monday, 19th September as a Bank Holiday as a mark respect of the late Queen's funeral. This is the same for all schools across the country.
- Attendance: This is very high priority for us as students develop gaps in their learning if they miss time in school. Attendance at school is currently running at slightly over 90% which is around 5% down on where it would usually be so it is a real focus of activity at the moment, It is important that your child is in school and on time every day. Where possible, please book any appointments outside of school hours. Depending on the nature of the appointment, we will usually authorise half a day, and evidence of appointments will be required. You can email these to: email@example.com
- Open Evening: Reminder that school will close to students at 12:20 on Monday, 26th September to allow preparations to be made for Open Evening.
- Co-Curricular timetable: Please see the website link here for our current co-curricular timetable.
- What is your child learning now? In an effort to provide you with more information about what students are learning at present and so that you can then support them at home, we have updated our curriculum plans. Please have a look. They are here. The Year 7 ones are in the new format and the others will be updated over the weekend. You will be able to see the key vocabulary, skills, reading opportunities and wider co-curriculum activities outlined within each unit. They are flexible and working documents and will be updated each half-term. Please note that the Technology department is under new leadership and these curriculum plans will be updated shortly.
- Online assessments: From Tuesday 20th September, over two weeks, Year 7s will be undergoing their initial GL Assessments and Years 8 and 9 will be having their NGRT reading tests. Each student will only have two or three hours of testing at the most. They cannot be revised or prepared for, but should be taken seriously by each student as they give us very useful information about their capabilities.
- Year 11 History Trip to Hoghton Tower on 18th October is now on Parentpay, closing date is Tuesday, 4th October.
Posted by James Harris
Category: WLD Updates