1 July 2022
It has been wonderful to welcome our new Year 7s into school for their transition days this week and to welcome hundreds of Year 5s to our Primary Day today. We haven't been able to run these events for 3 years so it has been great to have them back. This coming week is work experience week for Year 10 - either physical or virtual - so they are all out of school this week. A large number of Year 7s are on a residential trip for a couple of days this week as well so, as always there is a lot going on! One of my best experiences of this week was standing with our new Head Students, Riley Clarke and Olivia Pilkington, in front of hundreds of parents and new Year 7 students on Wednesday afternoon and hearing Riley and Olivia talk about the school - they were articulate, moving and very impressive - a credit to themselves, their families and the school.
- Attendance: If your child is too sick to attend school, please phone the attendance line before 9.30am, with the reason for your child's absence. We request that you inform school EVERY DAY of your child's absence. Failure to provide a reason for an absence will result in unauthorised absences, which in turn may lead to a Fixed Penalty Notice from the Local Authority. If you have any questions regarding your child's attendance, please contact Mrs Gorrill: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Events on in Preston this summer: Please see leaflet on the website here.
- Residential Trip on Monday 4th July: Please see information and kit list already sent out.
- Parents/Carers Evening - Wednesday, 13th July: This is in school from 4.30-7pm. Bookings are now open and appointments can be booked using this link.
- HPV vaccination: The immunisation team will be back in school on Tuesday, 19th July to do the year 8 HPV catchups.
- Work Experience: Please see email sent out by Miss Royal.
Have a very good weekend.
Posted by James Harris
Category: WLD Updates