20 May 2022
The first major Year 11 examinations have gone very well this week - the attitude of Year 11 has been excellent!
- Attendance (from Mrs Gorrill, our attendance officer): If your child is too sick to attend school, please phone the attendance line before 9.30am, with the reason for your child's absence. We request that you inform school EVERY DAY of your child's absence. Failure to provide a reason for an absence will result in unauthorised absences, which in turn may lead to a Fixed Penalty Notice from the Local Authority. If you have any questions regarding your child's attendance, please contact Mrs Gorrill: email@example.com
- Uniform: Thank your for your support following my note about leggings on last week's bulletin - they have almost completely disappeared from school. We are also having a similar "battle" with trainers. We understand that if a pair of shoes has broken then students may need to wear trainers for a short period until replacements are obtained - please send your child with a note under those circumstances. Otherwise trainers are not part of regular school uniform and must not be worn around school.
- Update on End of Year trips (Thursday, 21st June): There are still places available on Parentpay for Chill Factor; Happa Horse Sanctuary; Lancaster Castle; Ribble Valley; Cheshire Oaks and Trafford Centre. Unfortunately, due to low uptake, we have had to cancel the Hothersall Lodge trip. Those who have paid for Hothersall Lodge will be refunded. Please note that once a trip has been paid for you are unable to change.
- Easter Reading Age Reports have been sent out this week. If you have not received a copy, please contact school.
- Edge Hill University trip - message from Miss Royal and Mrs McClelland: The Year 8 students that took part in the Edge Hill trip really did us and themselves proud. Their passion came across in the task and their effort was admirable, especially when out of their comfort zone so well done to them all...further details of what they took part in and their achievements will be shared soon.
- Individual student examination timetables have been sent out this week.
- Normal lessons focused on final examination preparation continue to run according to the usual timetable when students are not in exams.
Have a lovely weekend,
Posted by James Harris
Category: WLD Updates