24 March 2022
Enjoy the lovely weather this weekend!
- Deputy Headteachers: Following a long period of illness, Mr Howarth has decided to focus on his recovery and will stand down from his post as Deputy Headteacher at Easter. We all thank him for the work that he did during his time at Walton-le-Dale and wish him well for the future. The governors of the school are very pleased to confirm that we will have two deputy headteachers from Easter: Mrs Wall, who will be in charge of everything to do with supporting students and Mrs Long, who will be in charge of everything to do with teaching, learning and curriculum. Both Mrs Long and Mrs Wall have been doing these jobs very capably on a temporary basis all year and I am delighted that they have agreed to take on these roles permanently.
- Next Wednesday, 30th March is our 4th Aspire Day and some of the year 8s are on a trip to the Anderton Centre in Chorley. Note to all parents that the late buses for this date will be leaving school at 4.30pm instead of their usual 4.15pm.
- Are you or a member of your family looking to access training or education? Are you looking to secure employment or find an apprenticeship? Are you wanting to secure a volunteering opportunity in the local community or find a work placement? If you have answered yes, to any of these questions, Progress Futures may be able to help you. Want to know more? Get in touch with their team on: 0333 320 4555 or email firstname.lastname@example.org - see the flyer here for more information
- Reminder we break up for the Easter Holidays next Friday, 1st April at the normal time of 3.05pm; and school will reopen on Tuesday, 19th April at the normal time.
- ASPIRE DAY - Anderton Centre Trip - please see previous information sent out regarding clothing etc.
- Week commencing 19th April - year 8 will be undergoing some exams or assessments in some of their lessons - their teachers will inform them of the details.
- Interested in a Career In Sport? PNECET would like to invite prospective leaners to attend a Career in Sport event to be held at Deepdale Stadium (Invincible’s Lounge) on Thursday 7th April 4pm – 7pm. The event is a 'meet the expert' opportunity and will have employees from the club and local community - Areas of sport in attendance are Sports Science, Psychology, Coaching, Physiotherapy, Sports Analysis, Teaching, Media & Journalism. To register your attendance please use the QR code on the flyer on our website.
- Revision Guide - please see email sent out earlier today for the Year 11 Revision Guide - a copy can also be found on the website here.
Posted by James Harris
Category: WLD Updates