21 January 2022
Thank you to all those families who attended the Year 11 Parents' and Carers' evening on Wednesday and for some lovely feedback. It is much appreciated. Please remember that the plans for Year 11 going forward were sent out to parents & carers and are on the website here.
All year groups
- School Closure: Please note the school will be closed on Monday, 24th January in lieu of the Queen's Platinum Jubilee. Our term dates can be found on the website here.
- Access to site: The front of school is very busy at the start and end of the day. A very small number of families have permission to drive onto site as their child has a physical disability (e.g. broken leg) that stops them walking in from the road. It has become quite hard to monitor this without stopping individual cars so, if you need to drive onto site to drop off or pick up your child for a period of time, please contact us to get a pass that you can put into your car window so we can easily see who should be driving onto site at that time of the day. Please contact Mrs Eckersley on firstname.lastname@example.org
- Policy Updates: On our usual review cycle we have made some minor changes to our school policies - in particular child protection and safeguarding and behaviour. You will find updated versions on our website here
- Uniform (notice from Mrs Wall): Since returning from our Christmas break we have seen an increase in the number of students who are wearing inappropriate footwear (trainers) to school. As stated in our uniform policy students should wear: plain black shoes – trainers and boots are not allowed (guidance can be found on our website here). If a student arrives at school wearing trainers and without a note from a parent/carer explaining why their child is not wearing their plain black shoes, the student will be able borrow a pair of sanitised shoes for the day. We would appreciate your support ensuring that your child has the correct uniform and equipment and any items that are missing are replaced as soon as possible.
- 2nd Covid Vaccination Thursday 27th January: Thank you if you have returned your consent form, but if not please complete the consent form which can be found here to indicate whether or not you would like your child vaccinating. Further information can also be found on the website. Please can your child bring the completed form back to hand in to their form tutor by Wednesday, 26th January.
- Uniform Policy Consultation: Following the guidance provided by the government at the end of last term we are carrying out a review of our uniform policy. We are seeking the views of parents, carers, students and staff on possible changes to our current uniform policy. The parents/carers survey can be found here. Please submit all responses by 9am on Monday, 31st January.
- Snacks for students: We have had a number of medical issues in school with students who have not had anything to eat either from the night before or breakfast time. Please can you ensure your child has breakfast or snacks with them.
- Residential Trip: If your child is interested in going on this trip, please make the initial deposit by Friday, 4th February. A copy of the letter can be accessed on our website here.
- KS4 Options: Please see letter on the website here for more information about the upcoming Year 9 Options Process 2022.
- Year 11 History trip to Hoghton Tower 1st Feb: Reminder that the deadline for consent/payment for the History trip is 3pm on Monday, 24th January.
- Year 11 Geography: Revision sessions start this Thursday, 27th January with Mr Keith from 3:10 - 4pm
- College interviews: On Friday, 28th January, Runshaw College will be in school to conduct interviews with year 11s.
- College applications: Please see the email from Miss Royal.
Have a good weekend - we look forward to seeing everyone on Tuesday morning,
Posted by James Harris
Category: WLD Updates