24 November 2021
I have just been out at the buses helping with the returning students from Hothersall Lodge today - it has gone really well, the Year 7s have enjoyed it and the staff have commented how positive the students have been so well done everyone!
On a slightly less positive note we have had 3 instances over the last week or so of adults swearing and yelling at us, either in reception or on the phone. Apologies have generally been made once we have sorted things out, but no-one comes to work to be abused and we do not tolerate it. I am very clear with all our staff not to continue conversations which are not polite and civilised. We are a kind, friendly place and we will do our very best to sort out issues - shouting or swearing at us about a decision we have made, or a mistake you consider us to have made, has no effect other than to damage the mental health of all concerned.
Much more positively, the photo that goes with the version of this update on the website celebrates our NAACEMark award for our outstanding use of educational technology. We are delighted!
• Please remember that Thursday 25th and Friday 26th November are training days so school will be closed.
• Parent governors. We really value the input of our parents into the governing body and the time has come for nominations and elections of parent governors. You will find all the documentation here - the deadline for nominations is 12 noon on Monday 29th November. If you would like an informal conversation about what might be involved in this role, please contact me at school.
• Please, if your child cycles to school, ensure they wear a cycle helmet - this is vital for their safety;
• Hoodies have never been permitted in school - they are starting to reappear under blazers as the weather gets cooler. School jumpers can be worn under blazers or coats over the top. Hoodies cannot be worn in school.
• Christmas: One of our local churches, St Aidan's, has asked us to publicise their Christmas celebrations. You will find the information here.
• The Hothersall Lodge trip has taken place this week with all students enjoying themselves.
• DTP/ACWY - apologies for the delay in this form but we have now been informed that this glitch has been rectified. Please follow the link below, at your earliest convenience, to complete the green YES form to consent to the vaccination or the red NO form if you do not want your child to receive the vaccine. Reminder that the link will close on 30th November 2021. If thre are any problems with the form please contact 0333 358 3397 Option 3 Option 1. https://www.nhsimms.uk/TDIPVACWY/information?Id=119743&Type=TDIPVACWY
• Next week marks the start of the Year 11 Mock Examinations, starting with the Performing Arts on Monday and Tuesday and will run up until Wednesday, 15th December. The Mock Examination timetable has been sent out to parents and you can find it on the website here.
Posted by James Harris
Category: WLD Updates