12 November 2021
Many thanks for the messages of support that we received from families expressing your concern about the videos of staff that appeared on TikTok. This issue has been dealt with, thanks to the hard work of many people, and, as you will have seen, it is a national issue faced by many schools over the past week or so.
As the days shorten and the mornings and evenings get darker, please can I remind all cyclists to wear a helmet and to have lights. Please can I urge those who travel by car to drop your son or daughter further away on Brindle Road and ask them to walk the final hundred metres or so rather than drive them right up to the school gates. The area outside school is congested and is becoming hazardous at the beginning and end of the school day - we put out parking signs and we will be asking the police to review the area so that we can be confident of the safety of our students on arriving to and leaving from school. Many thanks for your support in this matter.
- Please see letter on the website here which has been handed to students this week regarding Dodgeball which will be taking place next Thursday, 18th November.
- Please see letter handed to students this week regarding Hothersall Lodge on the website here. This trip will be taking place on Monday, 22nd November for students in forms 7R and 7P; Tuesday, 23rd November for students in forms 7A and 7I; and Wednesday, 24th November for students in forms 7S and 7E.
- Interim Reports for year 8 students will be issued to parents by Friday, 19th November.
- DTP/ACWY vaccination eform. There have been problems with the form which is being looked at - we will send an update when the Lancashire Team inform us.
- The mock exam timetable has been sent out today and can be found on the website here.
- Reminder that the nurses are in school on Friday, 19th November to deliver the Nasal Flu vaccination.
- Polite request to all Parents/Carers from Miss Royal (Careers Co-ordinator) - Our Year 10 students are currently sourcing Work Experience placements as part of their careers education, and I wanted to reach out to our wider school community. Can you, or anyone you know, accommodate a student for their Work Experience placement from 4th July - 8th July 2022? If so, please can you, or they, get in touch to discuss? For further information please do not hesitate to email me - email@example.com. Many thanks in advance
Have a good weekend....
Posted by James Harris
Category: WLD Updates