17 September 2021
Many thanks to the students who helped on Open Evening on Monday - they were a credit to themselves, their families and the school. All 720 tickets went very swiftly and it was a great evening. We are well aware that lots of people wanted to come and couldn't get tickets so we are running school tours in the school day over the coming weeks - all the details are on our website here. It looks like they are filling up quickly, so we will look at organising some more over the coming weeks - please pass on this information to anyone you know who is looking at schools for their son or daughter for September next year.
- INSET day - Tuesday 21st September: We are delighted to be welcoming Tom Sherrington, a national authority on teaching and learning, to our school on Monday and Tuesday next week. Tuesday is a training day with Tom Sherrington for staff so school will be closed to students. We are being joined by colleagues from various local schools, given the speaker's reputation, and this is a very significant training event for our school.
- School term dates and calendar: The term dates for our school can be found on the website here and the detailed school calendar is on the website here.
- Closure in lieu of the Queen's Platinum Jubilee: We are required to designate an additional closure in the light of the Queen's Platinum Jubilee next year (2022). In our case this day will be on Monday 24th January and school will be closed on that day. The term dates have been updated on our website.
- Nasal flu vaccination e-consent link: If you would like your child to receive the nasal flu vaccine in school please follow this link to complete an online consent form https://www.nhsimms.uk/FLU/information?Id=119743&Type=FLU. The vaccinations will take place at your child’s school on Friday, 19th November. Please note the link will close on Tuesday, 9th November. If your child has already had the Nasal Flu vaccine since September 2021 please disregard this message. If you have any problems accessing the link please telephone 0333 358 3397, option 3. Kind regards, Immunisation team.
- PE kit: As has been our practice for years, if a student has PE on their timetable they must bring kit. If they are unable to do PE due to medical reasons then they get changed and join their group even if they do not practically participate - they can keep score, umpire or whatever as appropriate. If they have forgotten their kit they must borrow the clean kit that we provide. None of these rules have changed for several years.
- Trainers: If you have old trainers which you have no further use for, of any size, please would you consider donating them to our PE department so that they can be lent to students as appropriate. Many thanks.
- Parents should have received the KS4 Year 10 Examination Results from their assessments taken at the end of Year 10. If you have not received this, please email Mrs Hodgson on: firstname.lastname@example.org
On a personal note we appear to be getting a small number of parents & carers shouting at us when they disagree with a decision that we have made. Just like the NHS, or any other public service, we do not tolerate that - staff do not come to work to be shouted at. There is a general policy across all South Ribble schools about this and all our staff will end conversations on the phone or in person if they are not conducted in a calm and polite manner. This is very rare, but we have had a couple of instances this week.
Best wishes and have a very good weekend,
Posted by James Harris
Category: WLD Updates