REMOTE LEARNING – TEACHING AND LEARNING
We are living in extraordinarily challenging times. We are, however, trying to ensure that our students are able to progress in their learning, even though we are not face-to-face. Below, is a collection of resources recommended by teachers. They have been organised into categories, but many cover more than one curriculum area.
Please use the blog to add any further resources for others to use or to comment on any of these resources. This is a good way to help one another.
This site provides a platform to enable teachers to create their own content to share but also has animated videos on a wide range of topics that can be used as a resource to spark ideas for activities.
The TED masterclass would enable you to create and share your own TED Talk as a resource.
Teachers can create a class group and set quiz 'assignments' on set texts (some English Language) on these useful sites:
· Quizlet https://quizlet.com/en-gb/teachers
· Memrise https://www.memrise.com/
Some useful sites:
· Cambridge English https://www.cambridgeenglish.org/learning-english/activities-for-learners/?rows=12 Specifically for students of English as a foreign language but 86 interactive quizzes to develop generic English skills.
· Good for descriptive writing tasks: http://www.pobble365.com/
Reading material can be downloaded for free from the following:
· LANCASHIRE LIBRARIES (if students have a library card) ebooks: https://www.lancashire.gov.uk/libraries-and-archives/libraries/digital-library/?page=3
· LANCASHIRE LIBRARIES. Free articles to read: https://www.lancashire.gov.uk/libraries-and-archives/libraries/digital-library/?page=7
· Kindle app—lots of free books available.
- Sarah Rogo on Twitter @sarskate86 – Various KS3 booklets
- Lauren Fiddes on Twitter @lafiddess – Menu of KS3 tasks.
- Susan Strachan on Twitter @SusanSEnglish. Various booklets – AQA revision guide, creative and non-fictional writing, unseen poetry, power and conflict, etc.
- Douglas Wise on Twitter @DoWise – booklets such as ’GCSE English Language Resources’, ’GCSE English Literature Resources’, ‘One Line Reading List’.
· Free ebooks (for copies of GCSE texts) https://www.gutenberg.org/
· BBC Bitesize —A ‘Revise’, Video’, ‘Mini-Test’ page for each GCSE Literature text:
- Bitesize Eduqas English Literature
- Bitesize AQA English Literature
· Basic skill quizzes ttp://www.bristol.ac.uk/arts/exercises/grammar/grammar_tutorial/page_41.htm. Aimed at undergraduates but very accessible. Quizzes test this information: http://www.bris.ac.uk/arts/exercises/grammar/grammar_tutorial/index.htm
· BBC Skillswise https://www.bbc.co.uk/teach/skillswise/english/zjg4scw
Online Resource Banks
- Mr Barton Maths
- Corbett Maths
Free Interactive Resources
- The Khan Academy:
Free web based teaching provided by Salman Khan, who believes free good quality education should be available to all.
- Corbett Maths:
Web based videos and worksheets.
Free web based teaching resource. Currently running webinars to help teachers plan to use the resource
- BBC Bitesize
Has some content, but not all of the national curriculum content.
- StudyWise - studywise.co.uk FREE—hosts links to other sites so please exercise the usual safe practice when following external links. Links to Revision videos by A* students, interactive notes, revision notes, quizzes.
- RevisionScience - revisionscience.com/gcse-revision FREE A little bit out of date in terms of spec titles but hosts lots of revision notes for GCSE
- EducationQuizzes - www.educationquizzes.com FREE Covers KS3 and KS4 across a range of subjects including science, good source of online quizzing
- Tassomai - www.tassomai.com—PRICE ON APPLICATION App based testing, very popular with students and schools alike.
- Gojimo - www.gojimo.com/gcse-science-revision—FREE Another App based revision tool.
- My GCSE Science - www.my-gcsescience.com—COST Video tutorials covering the whole of the key stage four science curriculum, combined and separates.
- Quizlet - www.quizlet.com—SOME FREE Science flashcards, diagrams and study guides, includes videos
- Seneca - www.senecalearning.com FREE resources for science including links to YouTube clips, PowerPoint presentations, notes, etc.
Useful resources for students can also be found at TeacherToolkit here.
Mrs vivien kane
25 March 2020
Marcus has now made a start on his remote learning. I'm very sorry for delay , I had been waiting for computer to be updated from his sister and charger for computing. He had in the meantime been trying to access office 365/ work on his phone but obviously he couldn't get that, so he was able to make a start last night I'm pleased to Say and he will carry on with it from there. Thank you for the really good resources and all that you are all doing to provide work etc in this very challenging and difficult times, it is very much appreciation, thank you so much once again,
Mrs viv kane
25 March 2020
Thanks so much for your kind comment. I will pass this on to all staff. Best wishes to you and to your family at this challenging time.